Friday, June 1, 2007

Work In Progress

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my website and thank you for your patience in waiting for me to post my stories from the road. With 10 to 15 hours a day and hundreds of miles a day on the motorcycle I was often so thoroughly exhausted at the end of each day that all I could really do was log in, read email, throw up a couple of photos and post an apology for not providing more before falling into a deep sleep for a few short hours in preparation for another day on the road.

Well, the travel Gods have blessed me with a safe return to Cleveland but I still have some work to do. I am sitting in an Arabica cafe using their Internet connection because I need to reset my Internet router at home but I need one thing from Radio Shack and they don't open until 9:00 am. My plan is to spend part of today and the weekend posting the full stories and photos from the road, to show you the other photos I took along with the teasers I posted over a number of days.

What is left to post are the following:
  • Socorro, NM through southwestern New Mexico and southeastern Arizona up through to Flagstaff in the upper middle of the state. This was a day that took me through high plains, desert and mountains.
  • Flagstaff, Arizona to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, through the Garden of the Gods in Utah to Cortez in the Mesa Verde area of Colorado.
  • Cortez, Colorado through Telluride and Gunnison, over a number of passes (with a little drama) into Denver.
  • The ride across the plains to Kansas City
  • The final day from Kansas City to Cleveland, a day of just over 800 miles (call me crazy!)

So, if you are still here, please stay posted for some more tales, an lots of photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.